®

Thread: 2002 Chrysler Town & Country: power doors problem

chris ernst

Default 2002 Chrysler Town & Country: power doors problem

i have an 02 town and country with power sliding door and trunk.... the power door when you hit the button just pops out and does not slide back.

We have to manually slide it back and when its back and we hit the button it works and closes. Then if we hit the button again it will work fine. When we go to use it later it does the same thing. Did anyone experience this before?

maxpower

i have an 02 town and country with power sliding door and trunk.... the power door when you hit the button just pops out and does not slide back.

We have to manually slide it back and when its back and we hit the button it
    works and closes. Then if we hit the button again it will work fine. When
    we go to use it later it does the same thing. Did anyone experience this
    before?
    The power sliding door has a broken wire in the track harness. disconnect
    both connectors and use an ohm meter to see what wire is broken. I would bet
    it is the black/red tracer ground wire

Glenn Beasley
    Chrysler Tech

I also have a '02 Town and Country with door problems. Sometimes the right sliding door won't close, either by power or manually. It seems to hit something just before it gets closed. After a few tries it will close. I have looked at the tracks and everywhere I can see trying to find and obstruction, but I don't see anything. Sometimes it works just fine. Also, the power rear hatch won't open with the remote when it is cold.

i have a 2002 town & country lx. my passenger side sliding door will not close 50% of the time. it opens every time, sometimes it will not close when I push the button, any of the buttons. when I push the button it will make a buzzing noise than a clicking sound and the door will not close. if I close it manually it will open when I bush the button and it will usually close when I push the button again. I tried ohming out the wire in the track like it said to on another post, all wires ohm out to 0. any one have a solution to this problem?